Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Work In Progress Wednesday - 1/20/10

I know it's been a long time since I've done a post. With the holidays over and life somewhat getting back to normal it's time to resume them.



I decided I would start with a sort-of Work In Progress post. I did a lot of custom items over the holiday and have received several requests to see pics of them, so I'll start with those.



One of my orders was for custom daddy's and mommy's first christmas ornaments. I was so excited to get them packed & shipped I forgot to take a picture of the mommy one. It is similar to the daddy's ornament, just in pink.





I had another order that was for a quantity of a MINIMUM of 6 smiley face magnets. Smiley is currently available in my shop, it was just the quantity that made it custom.




One of my most time consuming orders was a mouse pad of a co-workers dog as a Christmas present for her husband. The picture is of the insert only that goes inside a mouse pad sleeve. I learned two things from this order: 1) I need more time than 17 days to stitch one (I pulled 2 all-nighters in there and went to the office with NO sleep) and 2) I need to charge more money - ended up making $0 after the cost of supplies. But it was still a great project to do and am looking forward to more of them.

I made some conversation heart magnets for my store and ended up getting a custom order for some others. These are fun and I like the fact they are smaller so I can take them to the office and stitch on my lunch hour.

And last, but definitely not least, we have the lovely Hannah! She is the doxie sweatshirt that got put on hold over the holidays (thank you VERY much to the gracious Etsian that is very patiently waiting for it!!!) She is now the focus of all my night time stitching and I'm hoping to have her done this weekend. She has all of her body, including the shading details and now I just need to finish her head. I'll post a picture of her in a future post once she is fully completed.



Sty tuned for more blog posts on a regular basis once again.

2 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful! Stitching the plastic canvas takes forever! I recently got some to make for a fundraiser item in the Depot/ Historical Associations gift shop. They took a long time. Some hearts were sent with the order and I listed them in my shop, as magnets. I don't think people realize how long it takes to do that!


    I love your message hearts. The nouse pad is cool, but the sweatshirt is my fave!


    Have a wonderful day!

    Happy stitchin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, oh, I can't wait! Well, yes I can, don't strain your talented fingers trying to finish it! It's so adorable and I'm going to wear it all the time! Thanks for posting the update!

    ReplyDelete