Tuesday, July 25, 2017

New Series: Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Several years ago I decided to start a new series, but am just now bringing it to life.  The series will be quotes I've gotten in fortune cookies over the years, all framed by a Chinese lattice inspired "blackwork" design.   To liven the frames up, there may be French knots, beads or other embellishments.   Some of the quotes will be fun, and some may be more serious.

Today we start with Fortune Cookie Wisdom #1: Good Virtue



This particular design uses French knots.  If you're not a fan of French knots, you can always use seed beads instead.

Because I don't want to take away from the blackwork style designs with a hand-dyed fabric, I'm using plain white aida.

If you're interested in this design, you can purchase it at any of these places.

Stay tuned for more designs in this series.  I already have the 2nd one stitched, finished and ready to go, so I'll release it in the next few weeks.

Until the next time...Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! You are so talented Kelly...I'm off to purchase :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karyn!
      I accidentally published the blog post earlier than I wanted, so you should be able to find it online to purchase in the next 24-48 hours. :)

      Delete