Friday, May 31, 2013

To Dye or Not to Dye????

I think most of you know I hand dye and sell needlework fabrics.  I haven't done any in weeks due to my hectic work schedule with jobs #1 and #2 and the custom stitching orders I've had going on.  I've actually missed doing it.  I admit, it had gotten to the point it was becoming boring, if that's the right word to use.  Don't get me wrong, I love doing it, or else I wouldn't.  But on the other hand, the creative side in me likes to be able to branch out and try new things, which time has not permitted me to do.

Recently I had a loyal customer request a piece of fabric to compliment the pattern she's going to stitch.  It was the perfect opportunity to force myself to try something new.  Here's the result....


Both the customer and I LOVED the final result.  It prompted me to squeeze in the time in my crazy work schedule this week (116 hours in 12 days, NOT including Stitchnmomma time!!) to do some more color combos.  Here's a couple more I've done.



Mixing colors is great as I never know how it's going to look until the piece is completely done (dyed, washed & air dried).  I'm having a blast making these and will definitely be adding many more color combos to my shop.  And for those of you that like plain, solid colors don't worry, I'll still continue dyeing those also.  If you're interested in seeing what fabrics I currently have available, just click HERE to go to that section of my Etsy shop.

Off to get some more fabric from the washer!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment