Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Modern Dictionary: Home Cross Stitch Pattern

The latest in my Modern Dictionary series was done with a certain friend of mine in mind.  She's constantly saying she doesn't want to go out of the house on weekends because it would mean putting on pants.  And if you work full-time outside the house like both she and I do, I'm sure you can completely relate.  I could even do a second version and change "pants" to "a bra", because that is right up there on the list.

This piece was stitched on a 28 count Purple Dot evenweave by Fabric Flair. You can't see it in this photo, but the fabric has little silver sparkles in it.  I kept with my standard black floss, because using any other color just doesn't feel right to me.  Of course the finish was done by Rita over at SnowBerry NeedleArts.



Sometimes choosing the cover photo is the hardest part of the process.  I like one where you can clearly see the piece, but also the gorgeous finish.  This time around I ended up choosing the photo you see above.  However, I just had to share this additional photo of the gorgeous way it was finished...






I just love the overall look of the piece!  I think the large metal key compliments the theme perfectly.  And the little organza bows with buttons...awesome!



This pattern along with the other pieces in this series (which can be found here) is now available for purchase at your local needlework shop or various online retailers.  If you don't want to do a Google search, just click here for a current list of those places.  If you have the opportunity, please support your local needlework shops, as they're a dying breed and we need to keep them around!



If you're a retailer and would like to stock this design, or any of my others, you can purchase them here.  
 
 
And if there's a particular word you'd like to see a fun definition given to, just let me know and I'll gladly add it to my list of designs to create & stitch.   
 
Until the next time...Happy Stitching! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment