Saturday, March 28, 2015

A New Home & A New Weekend Routine

Well I safely made it to Las Vegas and am getting settled into my new apartment.  We've had record high temps here the past few days.  Most of my neighbors have their A/C running and I have my patio door open enjoying the fresh air and the lovely breezes that come through (most of the time).  Yes, you can tell that I'm the one new in town, lol!

It's been many, many months since I've had my weekends free to do what I want.  I'm having a hard time getting myself motivated today to finish unpacking boxes.  My kitchen and bathroom are 100% settled, the living room is about 75% and my bedroom only about 50%.  I keep sitting here staring at them, knowing I need to get up out of my recliner and take care of the boxes that keep staring back at me, but seem unable to do so.

So far today I've made breakfast, given myself a pedicure and watched A LOT of TV.  Boy how I've missed my cooking shows on PBS on Saturday mornings!  I've also caught up on some blog reading.  That has also not happened for months.  I've really enjoyed seeing what others have been doing with their creative juices.

I've decided this WILL be my new routine on weekends.  Don't get me wrong, I don't plan on living in this exciting town and being a slug on the weekends, but I DO plan on giving myself the time to relax and just enjoy life.  I already have outings planned for the next several weeks including an Easter Brunch, stitching retreat, Italian festival and of course, plenty of stitching!  And as of right now, at least once a month for the next several months I will have friends & family that will be visiting Las Vegas, so there will be time for catching up with them.

So with that, I think it's time to fix myself some lunch, unpack a few boxes (just so I'll stop feeling guilty) and then do lots & lots of stitching.  I may have been working 7 days a week for the past 6+ months, but that didn't some my creative juices from flowing and I have lots of design ideas that need charted & models stitched.

Until the next time...Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment