Sunday, November 8, 2015

Thread-A-Day - Tribal Shamrock Update #1

Unfortunately as a designer I will probably never be as popular as Lizzie Kate, Nora Corbett, Joan Elliott, Ursula Michaels and many other greats.  With that being said I've decided I need to quit putting so much pressure on myself to keep up with them (I do have to work a full-time job and all to pay the bills).  Since I've forced myself to face that realization, I've decided I need more "balance" in my stitching life.  And if I haven't said it already, I must tell you that going to a thread-a-day piece has been one of the best things for my stitching life I've done in a long, long time!  It feels great to know I've given myself permission to quit worrying about cranking out new designs as quickly as I can and just to enjoy the stitching I'm doing.  Not only am I enjoying the pieces I'm stitching for myself, but I'm enjoying the design models I'm stitching much more also.  They no longer feel quite so much like "work".

I started my Tribal Shamrock 20 days ago, and haven't missed a day yet!  As you can see from this picture, it's coming along quite nicely.



I'm more than 25% done and am loving every minute I get to stitch on it.  If I stay on track, this should be done well before the end of the year and I can move along to my next thread-a-day project.  :)

In other stitching news, the November Patchwork Pincushion is complete and the December is about 60% stitched.  I'm hoping to have in done in the next day or so and get those shipped off for finishing and the pattern release.  I'm also about 33% done with the next dog silhouette.

So, since I went out and walked a Veteran's Day 5k this morning (hills included) without the use of my knee brace, I think I'll walk myself back to my recliner and get on with my stitching. 

Until the next time...Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Love the fabric you are doing this on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've sorted out your life balance quite well. I hope you find pleasure in all your stitching now that you can work on various pieces simultaneously. :)

    ReplyDelete