Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Work in Progress Wednesday - 9/16/09

I've been rather busy the last 2 weeks working on ornaments to sell in my shop. I had previously posted a photo of 2 stars I'm working on for x-mas. Unfortunately I ran out of thread on those and am waiting for the special order I placed to come in.

However, during that time, I've created several others:
For Halloween I have candy corn ornaments, a glow-in-the-dark ghost ornament and a glow-in-the-dark skull and crossbones ornament.

For Christmas I've finished the first of my metallic stars, this one in silver, but with more colors to come.

Throughout the process of making these I've worked with several new products; perforated paper, glow-in-the-dark floss and metallic threads.

I've found I enjoy working with the perforated paper. You can make so many different things with it and it comes in various colors; silver, gold, white, cream, brown and I think some others.

The glow-in-the-dark floss has been fun! The only downside to it is the floss has a tendency to separate and fray easily. I think the next ornament I make I'll try a little beeswax and see if that helps the fraying.

The metallics are a blast! I had to buy a new needle threader to work with them, but the color selection is endless. Stay tuned for stars in additional colors as well as some other ornaments done with metallic threads only. I don't want to give to much away for fear of the others out there that have no problem with copying someone else's work. If you like the stars and have a specific color you want some made in, please convo me. I'd be more than happy to work with you.

I'll be back with another WIP post in 2 weeks and look forward to having more goodies to showcase that I'm working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment