Monday, October 22, 2012

Money Monday - October 22, 2012

Today's money savings tip for you has absolutely nothing to do with cross stitch, needlework or any type of crafting.  Instead it is something that every single one of us has to buy...GROCERIES.


I thought I'd pass along a couple of websites I've been using to either get coupon savings or actual cash back into my PayPal account, all without ever having to print anything out and take to the store.



The first is Cellfire. This site attaches to your local grocery store rewards/loyalty card (if you have one) and will provide e-coupons where you don't have to clip anything out and take with you.  All you have to do to register with some basic information and then either log into your cellfire account or grocery store website prior to shopping and simply click on the offers you'd like to have uploaded to your card.  When you have your cashier swipe your rewards/loyalty card like you normally would, any e-coupons that have been loaded to your card will deduct from your bill just like a normal coupon.
 
The second site is SavingStar.  This site works very similar to Cellfire, only instead of deducting from your grocery bill the savings accumulate in your account online and you can redeem them one of several ways:  deposit into your bank account, deposit into your PayPal account, Amazon gift card or what I believe is a donation to AmericanForests.org.  I can tell you I've personally been doing the deposits into my PayPal account.  These are actual funds, nothing fraudulent or anything, and the money is in my account within a few business days of requesting it.  I've personally earned $14.75 in the last several months.  If you click here you will go to their page that lists all of their current participating grocery store chains.

Here's the best part...if you're really good about couponing & saving money, you can actually "stack" your deals to get an even better savings.  Here's an actual example from my grocery shopping I did two days ago:

I bought a box of Cocoa Puffs Cereal for Zach.  It wasn't on sale so I had to pay the regular price of $4.49/box.  I had a Cellfire e-coupon for $.50, a cut out coupon for $.50 which my grocery store will double and then a SavingStar e-coupon also for $.50.  That turned into a total savings on the box of $2.00 so I got his cereal for $2.49 instead of $4.49.  Now if I was having a good week, the cereal would have been on sale too, but it didn't work out that way for me this time. 

Now so you know, I'm not receiving any type of compensation for endorsing these sites, although it would be nice if they did that.  I'm just passing along a way for everyone to save a few dollars here & there, which in today's economy can turn into a nice chunk of change at the end of the year.  I hope you've found this information useful.  Happy shopping!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment