Thursday, October 18, 2012

Punkin Chunkin

Years ago I saw a show on the Discovery Channel called "Punkin Chunkin".  It was really pretty cool.  People build different types of contraptions that hurl pumpkins through the air to see who can get them to fly the farthest.  They have several different categories, including trebuchet, catapults and air cannons.

It amazes me how far you can get a pumpkin to fly!  The current world record in the Adult Air Cannon category is 4,483.51 feet.  That's like 3/4 of a mile (a mile is 5,280 feet)!!!

Unfortunately since I got rid of my cable package we can't watch this year's episode.  :(  Guess I'll have to wait for additional videos, like this one, to come out on YouTube.

And if you're in the Bridgeville, DE area you should try to get down there and see it.  It is November 2-4th this year and is something that is on my Bucket List as a fun event for sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment