Sunday, December 27, 2015

Thread-A-Day - Tribal Anchor Update #1

It's been a busy two weeks in the Stitchnmomma world....work, travel for the holidays and TONS of stitching going on!

I went back to OH for 3 days the weekend prior to Christmas to spend with my son and his girls.  I did take a new design model I'm working on, but didn't get much done on it.  Unfortunately I was unable to take my Tribal Anchor, as I pack really light (like only a backpack light), and there was only room for one small project in my bag.

I started the Tribal Anchor on December 11th, and in the past 17 days, I've stitched on it 11 of those.  


I have gotten quite a bit done with it.  There's one more area that needs to be stitched at the top, but I'll have to move my Qsnap for that, so I'll eventually get to it.  

And if you're thinking this is a lot of progress for just "11 threads", well that's because I've done more than 11.  I'm doing 3 threads per day on this piece, only because it's one of 3 gifts I need to have stitched and finished before the end of March, which definitely requires more than 1 thread per day.  I'm working on gift #2 at the same time, but I can't show that one as the person it's for follows most of my social media posts, and as soon as they see it they'll figure out it's for them.  The 3rd piece will be started as soon as the Tribal Anchor is completed.

In addition of the gifts and future design models I'm working on, I've also been trying to do a little bit on my Pinwheel Halloween Quilt model each week.  This is my progress as of last night:


Since the last time I shared a pic of it, I finished doing the green segments on the 2nd block and have started putting in the patterned segments on the 1st block, as well as stitching some more on the border.  I'll keep plugging away on it and will post another pic in about 1 month.

It's Sunday, and lots of stitching time ahead of me, which means I need to get off the computer and get busy.  Until the next time...Happy Stitching!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment