Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Just Desserts: Grape Punch Cross Stitch Pattern

Back towards the end of 2015 when I did a survey of what you, my fans, wanted to see more of in 2016, there were two items that tied for first place...more Modern Dictionary designs and more quilt inspired designs.  Quilt inspired certainly isn't a problem with design ideas, but the time to create them is another story.  So, I decided to resurrect and old design with a new twist for the first quilt-inspired piece.

Several years ago I did a series of bookmarks that I called "Just Desserts".  It was a modern geometric design full of bright colors.  I took that and blended it with a log cabin quilt design for a fresh, new series, but with the old name of "Just Desserts".  

The first one I did was "Grape Punch".  Purple is one of my two favorite colors, so of course I just love this one.  And because I wanted people to be able to see that the design can have variable projects, I stitched not one, but 3 different sized models for it.


As always, the fabulous finishing was done by SnowBerry NeedleArts.  I love the variety she gave me with a wall hanging, an ornament and a scissor fob!

Here's hoping you guys love this one as much as I do, because I have plenty more in the series planned!  :)

Until the next time...Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment