Monday, February 1, 2016

Stitch From Stash - January 2016 Recap

January was a good month for me.  I had 3 finishes that I get "credit" for, and very few purchases.  I'm slowly but surely working my way out of the red.  :)

Opening Balance =  (51.51)
Finishes = $26.00
Purchases = $6.01
Balance Forward = (31.52)
 

Finishes
A new silhouette model = $10.00
A new quilt series model = $11.00
A new modern dictionary model = $.500

Sadly, I'm unable to share pictures of any of the finishes with you yet, as 2 of the 3 are at my finishers.  Once she's done with them and I release the designs I'll share the pictures here.
 

Purchases 
I proud of myself this month.  My purchases were very minimal...some floss that was needed to continue working on design models and a package of small bags ($1.99 less a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby!) to store my overdyed threads in.  My total expenditure for the month was only $6.01!

I currently use DMC Stitchbows (instead of bobbins) and it's difficult to use them for my overdyed threads because most of those already come in pre-cut lengths vs. one piece that is multiple yards long like DMC floss, hence the need to buy the bags.

Now, that's not to say I haven't added several things to my wish list and drooled over fabric when I received a 25% off email from one of the sites I buy from.   All-in-all though, it was a successful month.  I'm positive I can continue this trend!

Are you on your own "stash diet"?  If so, how are you faring?  Feel free to share in the comments below.  

Until the next time...Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment