Thursday, July 9, 2009

X-Rated Stitchers Monthly Meeting

Last night was the monthly meeting of the X-Rated Stitchers. It is a cross stitch group I belong to at my favorite local store, Stitch Piece 'n Purl. I always have a great time!

Every month we try to do some sort of theme; salad supper, pattern exchange, fabric exchange, etc. Last night was our annual White Elephant gift exchange. As usual we had some good laughs once we finally opened our gifts (after an hour or "stealing" others and giving them the package we had). Some of the white elephants were an OfficeMax rubberband ball, a bundle of mixed unused pencils, a magenta colored plastic patio martini set, a weekly calendar, a wallet and the list goes on. I think every one either went home with something they liked or a really good laugh!

Oh, and the best part of the meeting for me was our discount for the night...35% off aida or hand-dyed fabrics!!! Guess what I was buying?! I was just there on Monday night buying the fabric for the white tulips I'm going to stitch (see previous post of winner from the pick my next pattern post). However, I just had to buy more. My friend Bev helped me pick out a really nice color I will use to stitch the "My Christmas Wish to You" Pattern that is on my store. It is the only piece in my store that I haven't stitched yet.

If you live in the Akron area and are interested in coming to the meetings, they are the 2nd Wednesday of every month at Stitch Piece 'n Purl from 6:30-8:30 pm. It is $2.00 to attend, but definite goodies go with it. Can't wait until next month!

1 comment: