Monday, January 7, 2013

Italian Witches & Candy???

If you're on Facebook you probably know that you can set up "interest lists".  I have several of them so it's easier for me to find what I'm looking for amongst the hundreds of pages I like.  Of course of my favorite lists is one called "Italia" and is filled with all things Italian; cooking, travel tips, beautiful photography, you name it. 

So anyway, I was on my Italia list last night (Sunday) and seeing all these posts & comments about "La Befana".  Not knowing who/what this is, and my desire to learn everything Italian that I can, I had to go look it up.

I found this link explaining who she is.  I may not be a religious person, but I'll gladly start keeping my stockings up for an extra week to see if I get any extra candy it in, lol!  Sooo...I'm a day late and a dollar short, but happy to say I've learned yet another new thing about Italian customs.  :)

P.S.  Post was edited for several typos as I've decided it's probably not good to be typing them after being up more than 18 hours and working a really, really long shift, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment