Sunday, August 19, 2012

Jazzed Up Desk Accessories

Recently I saw a photo (Facebook? Twitter? Pinterest?  Who knows.  Too many social media outlets, lol!) of where someone had taken yarn and cross stitched on some wire mesh office accessories.  I thought it was pretty neat, but didn't like the "chunky" look of the yarn they had used.  I immediately decided this was something I needed to try, but with regular floss!

So this past week I made a trip to the office supply store on my way home from work to take a look around at what they might have.  I settled on two different paper clip bowls, a smaller and a larger one.  I was in need of a break from the various orders & pattern models I've been stitching and decided these would be something "mindless" I could work on quickly.  I was right.  Each one of them took me a total of about 4 hours of stitching time; which included picking colors of floss, deciding on the pattern, etc.

I've included a few pictures below of the finished pieces, including one picture that shows various uses for the bowls.  Now to just decide if I keep them or sell them?  Hmmm...


7 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm going to look at wire mesh type objects in a whole new way now. So many possibilities to cross stitch on anything with a grid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Debbie - anything with a grid can easily be stitched on. I've been trying to think outside of the fabric box when I'm looking at things. You never know what you might find. :)

      Delete
  2. Those are indeed fine pieces! Cheap office supplies can always look great when you can add some art in them. Bravo to your stitching skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have even figured out how to make it reasonable and straightforward to peruse. You have some authentic work ability. Much thankful to you.

    SEO Interview Questions and Answers

    ReplyDelete