Sunday, March 9, 2014

Nerdy Words Periodic Elements Cross Stitch Pattern

It's been a crazy, busy week around here, but alas I'm making sure I get my blog post in.

I think I'll start with my xstitch stuff today.  I mentioned earlier in the week I would have a new pattern to share with you.  Here it is....NERDY WORDS!  



The pattern itself is 114 elements of the periodic table that have all been individually charted so you can create your own words or names.  I had a lot of fun stitching them, but I think even more fun picking out the words.  It was sort of like doing a word search puzzle.  :)

If you're into that kind of thing, and you're interested in the pattern, just click the photo and it will take you to my Etsy shop where you can purchase it.  If you're a buyer for a LNS reading this post, yes it will be available through my wholesaler.   

And of course you know that the finishing of the "wine" hangtag and photography were done by the ever-so-talented Rita at SnowBerry NeedleArts.    I have so much fun working with her to create the perfect presentation of my designs!

So now to the not so good news.  :(

If you looked at my weight tracker at the top of my page you'll see I actually put on weight this week.  I thought I was being better than evidently what the scales said I was.  I have been eating some junk, as it's already in the house and I just hate to waste money.  Plus, I'll be moving the end of next month and who really wants to pack groceries and move them.  That means I've been eating a lot of canned soups & stuff for lunch.  On the other hand, I've also been eating bananas, apples, yogurt, humus, various veggies, etc.  And we won't discuss the m&ms or E.L. Fudge double stuffed cookies!!!

On the positive side, I DID try a new healthy recipe last night and I love it!!  I made Healthy Broccoli Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing.  Here's a pic of my bowl.  

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/12173861467433998/

I will say, there are some things I would definitely change.  I would only use about 1/2 of the salt, as I'm not a big salt person and I thought it was too salty.  I would also use sunflower seeds instead of pumpkin seeds.  I compared nutrition info on packages of both at the store and went with the pumpkin because they are supposed to be healthier, but found I'm not a fan of them.   I will DEFINITELY be making this dish again.  If you want the recipe, click on the photo and it will take you to the Pinterest posting where the recipe is.  

Now to figure out before Tuesday afternoon what recipe I want to try next week.  I'm thinking Zucchini Crisps or a Veggie Slaw.  Hmmm....  I guess you'll just have to tune in next weekend if you want to see what I decided.

Until then, happy stitching and bon appetite!


No comments:

Post a Comment