Monday, March 17, 2014

Set Backs and Progress

Unfortunately last week was a very trying one for my family.  If follow my Facebook page, then you already know about my dad being admitted into ICU a week ago today (last Monday).  Thankfully, he's no longer in ICU, but is still in the hospital and anxious to get home and get on with life, but at a slower pace for awhile.

Since I've been at the hospital every day since then, most days for hours at a time, and even overnight with no sleep when he was at his worst, I haven't had much time for stitching or healthy cooking.   There were days I basically wasn't eating anything other than bananas, yogurt and apples.  Thanks to those days I was able to take off some weight last week.  I do have to give some big thanks to friends of mine that provided home cooked meals so Zach and I had something decent to eat, as he was spending as many hours at the hospital as I was, in addition to both of us still trying to maintain our work schedules.  I must say between the two of us and my oldest sister, we basically covered the hours from mid-afternoon until the following morning so my mom didn't have to be there constantly.

Once they were able to move him from ICU, I was able to spend a little more time doing what I like to be doing...stitching and designing my next pattern.  I even took some pics for you.  :)

Over the last couple weeks, I've been working on stitching a new model for my "Laughter Is" pattern in between other things, to send off to Rita at SnowBerry NeedleArts for a nice professional finish.  I realized after I took the pic and was editing it that I didn't put the noses on the masks.  Looks like I need to do that before I send it off.


I also finished stitching this heart keyring that was a cover kit with a recent issue of CrossStitcher Magazine.  I'll list it in the newly created "charity section" in my Etsy shop sometime in the next few days.


This picture is of my 40 minutes stitching progress on the model for my next pattern.  I absolutely dislike trying to get decent pics of green or blue fabric, as they seem to give me the most difficulty.  This piece is actually a "very light jade green" fabric, and not grey like it looks in the photo.


I'm looking forward to being able to do more stitching during my "free time" along with healthy cooking & exercise and the dreaded cleaning and starting of packing the house for our move the end of next month.  

And since I have committed myself to making at least one new healthy recipe per week, I made one tonight to make up for missing last week.   Here's a pic of the "veggie slaw" I made tonight.  I tried a couple of bites of it (it was after dinner) and really liked it.  It has a very "fresh" taste to it.  I'll definitely be making it again.  I followed the recipe pretty close, but as it's basically a salad, there's flexibility with it.  If you're interested in the recipe, just click the photo. 
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/12173861467416039/


Oh yeah, and I even went walking tonight after work & a hospital visit before I started doing laundry, cooking, etc.  I'm looking forward to nicer weather this week that will hopefully will allow me at least a few days of outdoor time.

Until the next time, Happy Stitching and Mangia!

No comments:

Post a Comment