Saturday, March 29, 2014

Stitching Progress and Healthy Eats

It's been another busy week for me.  We'll be moving exactly 4 weeks from today, so this past week I started the chore of packing boxes.  I learned a long time ago that if figure out what you're not going to need and pack 1 or 2 boxes a day it makes it less stressful.

That also means since I've started packing that I've had less stitching time.  However I have done SOME stitching.  I've been working on some pendant necklaces for a custom order.  This is a picture of them (l-r:  green mermaid, black anchor on pink, sea shell, pink mermaid and black anchor on grey).  I still have starfish I need to stitch.  After that the customer will let me know which 3 or 4 she wants.  Whatever is left WILL be put up for sale.


I also got a TINY bit of stitching done on the model for my next pattern, "Two Blessings".  There hasn't been much progress made, but some nonetheless.  One of these days I'll be able to get a decent picture of what the colors actually look like.  What you see is DMC #554 on a very light jade green aida.


As part of my packing & cleaning, I've come across some projects I haven't touched in a REALLY long time.  I decided last Saturday that it's an extremely rare occasion that I actually work on any stitching that is for me.  I pulled back out my "Warholesque Family" piece and did some work on that.  I said I was going to commit myself to working on it at least one night per week, most likely on Saturday.  I'd love to get this piece completed so I can hang it on the living room wall at our new place.  My pooches may be gone now, but there's still me & Zach.  Needless to say, I was super excited today when I realized it was Saturday and that means I could work on this piece again (as soon as the starfish pendant is done!).


I have also continued on with my quest to lose weight and be healthier.  The new recipe I tried this week was a cherry tomato and chick pea salad.  Chick peas (aka garbanzo beans) aren't something I normally eat.  It's not that I don't like them, I just don't know a lot of uses for them, besides hummus.  So I saw a recipe on Pinterest, which seems to be my go to place lately, and decided to try it.  It was really good!  I have leftovers of it and will have some more tonight with dinner.  I also have an avocado that needs to be eaten before it goes bad, so I think I'll add some in there.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/12173861467415993/ 

I've decided I'm much better at taking pics of cross stitch vs. food, lol!  Either way, if you're interested in the recipe for the salad, just click the photo.   While I was at the store picking up green onions to put in the salad I grabbed a small purple cabbage. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.  I might possibly roast it.  Either way, I'll let you know next week what I decided to try.

Until the next time...Happy Stitching and Healthy Eating!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment