Friday, July 27, 2012

Going for the Gold

I'm so excited to watch the opening ceremony of the 2012 Summer Olympics from London, England tonight!!!  Will you be watching?

The first time I can recall really taking an interest in the Olympics was 1984 when the summer games were held in Los Angeles, CA.  Since then it has become my tradition to watch the televised opening ceremonies for both the summer and winter games.   It amazes me how every 2 years the host city can manage to out perform the previous ceremony.


I really don't have a preference between the summer and winter games, as there are sports from each that I enjoy.  For the summer I'll definitely be watching Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte in the men's swimming, the diving, gymnastics and I guess whatever they televise on the few channels I get on my TV.  I can say though if they're televising the weightlifting & boxing I'll probably pass on watching those.


And as a stitching addict, you just know I had to stitch something that was inspired by the Olympics.  I had so many grand ideas, but with so many other projects in the works, I decided to stick with something small and did this little double decker bus.  I'd so love to be able to make it to London some day and catch a ride on one.  :) 

 (click the picture to go to Etsy listing)


And since we'll all be watching London for the next few weeks, I think it's only fitting I sign off with a proper greeting...

Cheerio Chaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment