Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tips & Techniques - Railroading

Even though I've been stitching for 30+ years, I'm still learning new things on a regular basis.  There have been many times I've seen ladies in my cross stitch groups on Facebook refer to "railroading".  I myself had never heard the term (I haven't had too many classes and am mostly self-taught), so I was always curious what it was, but didn't want to seem dumb and ask.

Thankfully in issue #164 (June 2012) of Cross Stitch Crazy magazine, they had an excellent diagram and explanation of railroading.  I've included a scan of the picture from their magazine that will show the technique.

I've started using this technique since I saw the example in the magazine and have to say I'm really happy with the way my stitches look.  It slowed me down a little bit at first, but now that I've been doing it for the past 2 months, I'm stitching just about as fast as I always was.

Do you have any experience with the railroading technique you'd like to share?




No comments:

Post a Comment