Sunday, September 30, 2012

Awesome Pumpkins

Tomorrow will be the First of October, which means Halloween is right around the corner.  

I have many childhood memories of Halloween parties at school (yeah, they've banned those now as to not "offend" anyone), dressing up for trick-or-treat and of course pumpkin carving.  Each year I used to think I was going to create a masterpiece.  Alas that never happened.  My pumpkins usually looked sad with simple triangle cut outs for the eyes & nose and boxy looking teeth.

Several years ago on the Food Network they had one of their challenge shows with giant pumpkin carvers.  I was completely amazed at what they could do with them.  It got to where I looked forward to the new challenge show each October.  

Sadly I'll miss it this year (but love the savings on my cable TV bill!).  Instead I went searching for some other awesome pumpkins on the web that I could share with y'all.  All the photos below are from Masterpiecepumpkins.com.  Hope you enjoy them and why not try something different with your pumpkin carving this year.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment